- These Terms and Conditions apply to all Users of the WikiEd Platform, including educators who are also contributors of User Content on the WikiEd Platform. The WikiEd Platform includes all aspects of the Website which includes but is not limited to products, service offered via the WikiEd Platform, such as the WikiEd online platform WikiEd Plus – Subscription WikiEd Bytes and any other service or application that WikiEd introduces from time to time.
- WikiEd Platform is an online platform that supports and facilitates the online creation of educational videos/or tutorials, by the Users of the WikiEd Platform and acts as an intermediary between the educator and the User. A User may create a video, audio clip or tutorial, by using the WikiEd Platform. Such content uploaded through the use of the WikiEd Platform shall hereinafter be referred to as “User Content”. You agree and acknowledge that WikiEd has no control over and assumes no responsibility for, the User Content and by using the WikiEd Platform, you expressly relieve WikiEd from any and all liability arising from the User Content.
- You agree and acknowledge that WikiEd shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the WikiEd Platform, including, but not limited to, the User Content, hours of availability and equipment needed for access or use. Further, WikiEd may discontinue disseminating any portion of information or category of information may change or eliminate any transmission method and may change transmission speeds or other signal characteristics. WikiEd reserves the right to refuse access to the WikiEd Platform, terminate Accounts, remove or edit contents without any notice to You.
- WikiEd Accounts
In order to access some of the features of the WikiEd Platform, you may have to create your account with WikiEd. You agree and confirm that you will never use another User’s account nor provide access to your account to any third-party. When creating your account, you confirm that the information so provided is accurate and complete. Further, you agree that you are solely responsible for the activities that occur on your account, and you shall keep your account password secure and not share the same with anyone. You must notify WikiEd immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. At no point in time will WikiEd be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you shall solely be liable for the losses caused to WikiEd or others due to such unauthorized use, if any.
WikiEd takes no responsibility for any User Content that is uploaded on the WikiEd Platform, and further, the User shall be solely responsible for his or her own actions in utilizing such User Content and availing the WikiEd Platform provided herein.
- Access, Permissions and Restrictions
WikiEd hereby grants you permission to access and use the WikiEd Platform as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, provided that:
- You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the wikiEd Platform or the content without WikiEd’s prior written authorization.
- You agree not to alter or modify any part of the WikiEd Platform.
- You agree not to access content of any other User through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the WikiEd Platform itself.
- You agree not to use the WikiEd Platform for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain WikiEd’s prior written approval:
• the sale of access to the WikiEd Platform;
• the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the WikiEd Platform or content; or
• the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page or website that provide similar WikiEd Platform as that of WikiEd.
- You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the WikiEd Platform in a manner that sends more request messages to WikiEd’s servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, WikiEd grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. WikiEd reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases at any time with or without providing any notice in this regard. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the WikiEd Platform, nor to use the communication systems provided by the WikiEd Platform (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any Users of the WikiEd Platform with respect to User Content.
- You may post reviews, comments and other content; send other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other information as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringement of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any other form of spam. Further, you give WikiEd limited, royalty free, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use the User Content and communication in developing WikiEd Platform and in any of its marketing or promotional activities.
- In your use of the WikiEd Platform, you will at all times comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- WikiEd reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the WikiEd Platform at any time with or without notice at its sole discretion.
- WikiEd Intellectual Property Right
The WikiEd Platform, the processes, and their selection and arrangement, including but not limited to all text, graphics, User interfaces, visual interfaces, sounds and music (if any), artwork and computer code on the WikiEd Platform is owned and controlled by WikiEd and the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, look and feel and arrangement of such content mentioned hereinabove is protected by copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other national and international IPR laws and regulations. For clarity, content in the above sentence shall not include User Content.
Unless otherwise indicated or anything contained to the contrary, or any proprietary material owned by a third-party and so expressly mentioned, WikiEd owns all IPR to and into the trademark “WIKIED” and the WikiEd Platform.
The mark “WikiEd” is the sole property of WikiEd. Reproduction in whole or in part of the same is strictly prohibited unless used with an express written permission from WikiEd.
- Copyright Infringement
- WikiEd operates a clear copyright policy in relation to any User Content alleged to infringe the copyright of a third party.
- As part of WikiEd’s copyright policy, WikiEd will terminate User access to the WikiEd Platform if a User has been determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified of infringing activity more than twice.
- If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please refer to the instructions given in the copyright policy on how to make a claim of copyright infringement.
- Notice of Copyright Infringement:
- Pursuant to provisions of the Indian Copyright Act, 1952 read with the Information Technology Act of 2000, we an intermediary, allow general public to post content on our platform. We have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements on the User Content uploaded on WikiEd Platform. We have also designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your copyright has been infringed, you may provide us with a written communication which contains:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the WikiEd Platform, including the educator name, topic and any other detail identifying the infringing content;
- Your email address, your physical address and telephone number;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your notice to our Copyright Agent as follows:
Email us at email@example.com
- Our policy to deal with Copyright infringements:
We follow a 3-strike policy- Three instances brought to our notice that are provided with all required supporting information will lead to the educator getting banned from the WikiEd Platform. His/her right to any and all compensation or monetary benefit that he/she might be eligible for shall be revoked. The detailed process is as under:
- First case of violation- The infringing User Content is taken down and educator is given a warning and is suspended for a week from making any new courses.
- Second case of violation- The educator is suspended from making any more videos on the WikiEd Platform for a month and all User Content that amount to copyright violations are brought down immediately.
- Third violation- The educator is banned from the WikiEd Platform and will be unable to make any more courses in the future.
- Information Technology Act
You are advised not to post any information or messages that are, or that may be construed, as being malicious , defamatory, inappropriate, slanderous, pornographic or otherwise sexually oriented or that makes attacks on or the otherwise opines or comments on any individuals or groups of individuals, educational institutions or any other entities whatsoever (whether companies, firms, or any other institutions). You also agree not to post any information to which you do not have copyrights or other appropriate permissions to post in public forum. Your failure to comply with these terms may result in removal of your postings without prior notice to User. The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
Notices: It is open platform for teachers. It is teacher’s responsibility that not past any copy content on his courses. If anyone clime copyright then its teacher responsibility.
- Other Laws
Certain laws require to maintain data with respect to the WikiEd Platform and other personal information in a prescribed format and WikiEd will use all the information to the extent required in compliance with the applicable laws and as may be directed or amended from time to time.